Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Report Writing

Last week I have learnt how to write a report. The hard part writing a closing statement, The easy part was getting all my facts and putting it in a paragraph, My favourite part was finishing my work and posting it on my blog. 
Here is my writing.

EEL’s
Opening Statement
The longfin eel is located in New Zealand. Longfin eels can only stay in the pacific ocean or freshwater. The scientific name for longfin eel is, Anguilla dieffenbachii.

Habitat
It is not unheard of an eel to climb a waterfall of up to 20 metres. Eels are bottom dwellers. They are found in a variety of habitats including streams an rivers. They hide in burrows, tubes, snages, masses of plants, other types of shutters. Eels like to live under rooks, trees (if there are some in the water.)

Breading
Eels love to bread down in the ocean. Eels take years to grow and it could be even decades before an individual. Eels go and bread 5000 kilometre away from the land so there not endangered. When the females reach there destination they lay over 1 million eggs at once.

Diet
Longfin eels have a will to developed sense of smell. Eels eat live food, small longfin eels living amongst the river gravels will feed on insect larvae. Eels also have a very large mouth with a row of small teeth, They are also sharp to. Eels hunt by there sense of smell or they use there sight seeing.

Closing Statement
Longfin eels like to stay close to the surface because they will get eaten by the regular eels if they go in the deep part of the . The have very sharp teeth but they are too small to bite those big eels. Do you think longfin eels should go in the deep?

7 comments:

  1. Wow you did well good job😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Im Mia Hunt from papakaio school
    That is a very good piece of writing about longfin eels there is a lot of facts and its interesting to read : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Delina my name is Tim and I'm a year 8 from O.I.S. I like your report writing because it has a lot of detail and the paragraphs the ordered in a good fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I´m Seannah from Oamaru intermediate school. This piece of writing is very informative and I now know a lot more about eels.

    ReplyDelete